Have you forgot? Locs Are Sexy
I know you have met those jackholes that just stare at your locs or look at them as filthy pieces of rope. Yup… I know, I know. I wish we could round them up too and hang them by their toenails, but that wouldn’t get anything accomplished. BUT what about those times you strolled somewhere in public and have someone compliment your locs? Makes you want to catwalk something awful right in the middle of the building, don’t it!? The point is this: Locs are sexy. Always. Sometimes it’s hard and you may feel a little stuck in a rut and need something fresh to make you wave them lovely locs. Try something new like:
- A fresh wash and retwist. There’s nothing like locs that have been washed and retwisted. Feel that breeze on your scalp!
- Add some curls, crimps, or some other new cute style.
- Add an accessory or stylish hat.
- Plan a sexy night out and do numbers #1 and #2 WITH a new sexy outfit. What?! Nobody ain’t going to have nothing to say! (Disclaimer: I’m from North Carolina and we do, at times, use double even triple negatives when we get excited)
- Try a new color. It’s easier now than ever to try a new color. Red, burgundy, honey blonde, etc. Color is in! Try coloring your tips, half or all of your locs. And if you don’t like it, you can always redye your hair black (or whatever the original hair color).
- Everyone has neglected their locs at one time or another. Take a new pride in your locs and improve the condition of your hair. Keep it moisturized and maintained. Within a month or so you should see a difference.
- If you have the money, have someone else pamper your locs. No work or stress on your part. All together now: Ahhhhhhh! Feels nice.
- Post your pics on your profile on facebook, twitter, or in a locs interest group and show off your locs. Guarantee it makes you feel like a million bucks to have people “Like” and comment on your locs.
Still feeling a little blah about your locs? Maybe it’s because of your health. If you’re not healthy, your locs are not healthy. This means you should be getting enough:
- Rest; at least 7 hours each night.
- Nutrients. If not, get a multivitamin, supplements, and some omega-3 in your diet stat!
- Exercise, which actually releases those feel-good hormones into your body. Not to mention you get to shape up and boost your confidence about your overall appearance as well.
- Self-care. Doesn’t make sense to have beautiful locs and ashy skin, tart breath, and jacked up clothes does it? Pamper yourself, including those claws.
- Fun. Stress will not only release cortisol (a stress related hormone) into your body, but raise your blood pressure and thin your hair out. Don’t believe me? If your body isn’t doing it on its own, you’re physically doing it yourself. When you’re in deep thought or stressed do you twirl your locs, scratch your head, twist-retwist, pull, or any of the sort to your locs? Now think about how many times you do this per day during stressful moments. Mmm-hmm.
Did I miss something you do to get your sexy back? I would love to hear it!!